Why is this still a concern?
Josh Alper wrote:

Packers president and CEO Mark Murphy responded to a recent report in the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel that said head coach Matt LaFleur wasn't allowed to have full control over which assistants were hired for his coaching staff. According to the report, LaFleur wanted to hire Darren Rizzi to be the special teams coach but Rizzi wound up in New Orleans after the Packers “offered Rizzi less than he was seeking.” There were additional claims made by anonymous sources that Murphy and director of football operations Russ Ball took a bigger role in staffing decisions than they had in the past.

“Coach LaFleur had complete control over the hiring of his coaching staff,” Murphy said. “The report was the result of an article in the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel based on interviews with 20 anonymous sources. I told the author that Coach LaFleur had complete control to hire his assistants, but he included comments to the contrary from an anonymous source. The editors said they wanted to present a “balanced” view of the hiring process. Interestingly, they never asked Coach LaFleur if he was able to hire his assistants, something he would have confirmed. … Hiring assistant coaches is one of the most important factors in the success of a head coach, and I’ve always felt it is foolish to restrict them in any way.”

Continue Reading @ Josh Alper 

Live, Love, and Laugh -- never, NEVER, get mad on the internet.
UserPostedImage
Comments are said as a fan of the Green Bay Packers, nothing more, nothing less. Thank you for reading!
Topic Starter
  • Zero2Cool
  • Was thanked: 5844 time(s) in 3955 post(s)
Apparently the writers in green bay have nothing better to do than spread bullshit about the team. So from time to time someone has to correct them, even if it is a few weeks late.
  • gbguy20
  • Was thanked: 1035 time(s) in 774 post(s)

I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
  • buckeyepackfan
  • Was thanked: 1166 time(s) in 880 post(s)
Blue 42?
  • gbguy20
  • Was thanked: 1035 time(s) in 774 post(s)
Classic Example of 'Fake News" and 'Pseudo-News."

Imagine if I asserted, "I have unnamed sources who say Josh Alper wears women's undergarments."

You would justifiably ask, "Who are they?" " Have they seen this?" "😉o they have any evidence that this is the case?" "Are they reliable?"

The only way you, as a consumer of this information, should put any credence into such an assertion is if I provided evidence or if I were to name the sources. Then you as the consumer of the information could make an educated evaluation whether my assertion would be correct, or whether I was blowing something out my ass.

Most sports reporters are lazy asses who don't want to put the time in to watch tape (game and practice) and report and analyze what is happening between the lines. They would rather muck-rake and cast negative aspersions. They would rather print drivel (sorry DrNSD) which casts someone or an organization in a negative light. Don Henley's "😉irty Laundry" is a great song. Regrettably, this practice seems to be the case irrespective of the venue or issue, politics, sports, world affairs.

I am too cheap to subscribe to MdGinn's new on-line service, but when he was with the Journal, I always respected the thoroughness of his reporting and analysis. Although I disagreed with a number of his opinions, at least he had 'earned the right' for me to read and consider his opinions because he had done the homework.

Alas
  • KRK
  • Was thanked: 400 time(s) in 263 post(s)
But the MJS has 20 anonymous sources so it HAS to be true. 🤤
O God, Thy Sea Is So Great And My Boat Is So Small
  • wpr
  • Was thanked: 2837 time(s) in 2108 post(s)
Alright....I admit it.......I was one of the sources!!!🤣
UserPostedImage
  • Cheesey
  • Was thanked: 1636 time(s) in 1182 post(s)
Originally Posted by: gbguy20

Apparently the writers in green bay have nothing better to do than spread bullshit about the team.

The writers were last seen spreading their writings over a local area farmers field to help his crops grow.😂
UserPostedImage
  • Cheesey
Originally Posted by: Cheesey

Alright....I admit it.......I was one of the sources!!!🤣

But you have also claimed to be the man on the grassy knoll and admitted to being Josef Mengele so I'm not sure how much of what you admit to I should believe.

They also said their sources were anonymous and you are not anonymous...you are Cheesey so it stands to reason that you can not be one of the sources.

Every team has fans that fans of other teams point to and say "all their fans are assholes" Don't be one of those fans.
  • sschind
  • Was thanked: 1125 time(s) in 792 post(s)
I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
  • buckeyepackfan
  • Was thanked: 1166 time(s) in 880 post(s)
Originally Posted by: sschind

But you have also claimed to be the man on the grassy knoll and admitted to being Josef Mengele so I'm not sure how much of what you admit to I should believe.

They also said their sources were anonymous and you are not anonymous...you are Cheesey so it stands to reason that you can not be one of the sources.

Ok wise guy.....my LAST NAME is “Anonymous”!
😂
And I still have the grass stains on the blue jeans I wore in Dallas that day.🤣
UserPostedImage
  • Cheesey
When that story first came out about Murphy and Ball controlling/bulking at whom they were hiring as assistants, some of their own example didn't match their own accusations.

For example the ST Darren Rizzi, in which I feel that something happened there and the reported story could be true, but that simply didn't match the implied accusations.

Because by all accounts the Dolphins were paying Rizzi extremely well since he got the "Associate head coach" label added to his job title as ST coach... and by all accounts the Packers tried to hire Rizzi, but that the first number throw out there wasn't to Rizzi's satisfaction and and the deal didn't get done (and reportedly the Packers came back with an even higher number but Rizzi was lesss interested after the first number that he decided to look elsewhere).

That's not an example of the Packers refusing to hire someone or control hiring, that's normal negotiations, except Rizzi had gotten spoiled with being blown away with raises and offers that this normal offer disappointed him.

So this reported individual story, using anonymous sources, might be 100% true and factual... just that this story didn't nessary correctly align with the larger narrative the writer was painting.

My point being, in this case, I think it's possible the Packers and the anonymous sources (at least some of them) could be both correct as their stories don't contradict each other, just the way the writers bigger narrative and how they connected the dots could be wrong.
America's team Of the people by the people for the people Packer People
UserPostedImage
~ madeby ~ pack93z ~
  • beast
  • Was thanked: 1535 time(s) in 1175 post(s)
Originally Posted by: beast

When that story first came out about Murphy and Ball controlling/bulking at whom they were hiring as assistants, some of their own example didn't match their own accusations.

For example the ST Darren Rizzi, in which I feel that something happened there and the reported story could be true, but that simply didn't match the implied accusations.

Because by all accounts the Dolphins were paying Rizzi extremely well since he got the "Associate head coach" label added to his job title as ST coach... and by all accounts the Packers tried to hire Rizzi, but that the first number throw out there wasn't to Rizzi's satisfaction and and the deal didn't get done (and reportedly the Packers came back with an even higher number but Rizzi was lesss interested after the first number that he decided to look elsewhere).

That's not an example of the Packers refusing to hire someone or control hiring, that's normal negotiations, except Rizzi had gotten spoiled with being blown away with raises and offers that this normal offer disappointed him.

So this reported individual story, using anonymous sources, might be 100% true and factual... just that this story didn't nessary correctly align with the larger narrative the writer was painting.

My point being, in this case, I think it's possible the Packers and the anonymous sources (at least some of them) could be both correct as their stories don't contradict each other, just the way the writers bigger narrative and how they connected the dots could be wrong.

I think 25 years ago, this article would have never been written. Meaning, I believe it was written to fill space and maintain clicker-ship.
Live, Love, and Laugh -- never, NEVER, get mad on the internet.
UserPostedImage
Comments are said as a fan of the Green Bay Packers, nothing more, nothing less. Thank you for reading!
Topic Starter
  • Zero2Cool
  • Was thanked: 5844 time(s) in 3955 post(s)
You hit the nail on the head, Kevin.
It’s no longer “who can find the news”, to who can come up with the most sensational story.
Now it’s mostly “fake news”.
That’s what sells.
UserPostedImage
  • Cheesey