Zero2Cool
I like this kind of thing. I bet he has close to 1,000 yards receiving and close to double digit TD's this season. All that attention going towards Davante Adams has to open this guy up a little.

Albert Breer said " Name to watch in Green Bay going into minicamp, and training camp: Second-year receiver Marquez Valdes-Scantling. The 6' 4", 206-pound 24-year-old is faster than the new staff anticipated he’d be, and has quickly picked up Matt LaFleur’s system, which is significantly different than Mike McCarthy’s. You know how big Aaron Rodgers’s arm is, and the Packers quarterback hasn’t been able to overthrow him in OTAs. Add Valdes-Scantling’s emergence to Jimmy Graham surprising the staff with his still-there movement skills, and it looks like Green Bay is going to have ways to take the pressure off No. 1 receiver Davante Adams."

https://www.si.com/nfl/2...om&utm_medium=social 

https://packerswire.usat...g-into-packers-minicamp/ 
gbguy20
I liked what I was reading until he said Jimmy Graham's movement skills are still there. This article is clearly fluff. Jimmy's fallen off hard. Him and Clay looked like their feet were glued to the ground last year.

nerdmann
Originally Posted by: gbguy20

I liked what I was reading until he said Jimmy Graham's movement skills are still there. This article is clearly fluff. Jimmy's fallen off hard. Him and Clay looked like their feet were glued to the ground last year.

Not writing Jimmy off. Not sure what he's got left but I'm reserving judgment. He was on pace for team record for TEs last year.
gbguy20
Back to mvs, I hope Kevin is right. And I hope this article isn't fluff.

Ps the quick reply button no longer works, Kevin.
Zero2Cool
Using Quick Reply - It works.

Edit to slap some Twitter

gbguy20
No, it doesn't. Neither does twitter. Fuck
earthquake
I'm not seeing twitter embeds either. Chrome on MacOS. But Quick Reply did work.
Mucky Tundra
I've got high hope's for MVS being an important part of this offense. If teams play off or shade safety help to take away deep stuff, I think LaFluers scheme will really punish defenses underneath. If MVS has polished his route running and adjustments at the line, him and Adam's could be unstoppable together
isocleas2
Of the 3 WR drafted MVS had the highest ceiling imo, you can't teach that size/speed combo. Hopefully he picks up some of Adam's route running prowess then we might really have something.

nerdmann
Originally Posted by: Mucky Tundra

I've got high hope's for MVS being an important part of this offense. If teams play off or shade safety help to take away deep stuff, I think LaFluers scheme will really punish defenses underneath. If MVS has polished his route running and adjustments at the line, him and Adam's could be unstoppable together

MVS reminds me a lot of Donald Driver. Whether he gets to that level is another question, but it will take time if he does. He should take a second year step, but I would expect another one in year three. Dude has a high ceiling.

MLF's offense is gonna help him out.
Mucky Tundra
Originally Posted by: nerdmann

MVS reminds me a lot of Donald Driver. Whether he gets to that level is another question, but it will take time if he does. He should take a second year step, but I would expect another one in year three. Dude has a high ceiling.

MLF's offense is gonna help him out.

I think the worst case scenario with MVS is he becomes another Torrey Smith: fast burner that you just send deep on every play to stretch defenses and force them to defend the long ball.